Katelyn Rose Morgan
Katelyn Morgan joined Brudvik Law Office in 2020. She previously worked as an attorney practicing primarily in asset recovery, creditor's rights, and general collections law. Her passion for being in the courtroom led her to joining Brudvik Law Office with her practice area being focused in civil litigation, family law, criminal defense, and collections law. Katelyn approaches each case creatively and enjoys looking at a legal issue from multiple perspectives. She then implements her extensive research experience and skills to ensure her clients understand their rights, the relevant court processes, and the steps necessary to maximize the most positive outcomes available.
Prior to moving to Arizona, Katelyn was born and raised in Littleton, Colorado. She grew up watching Matlock reruns at an early age, which is where her desire to become a lawyer originated. She moved to Arizona in 2011 to attend Northern Arizona University (NAU) where she graduated Cum Laude with a dual major in Sociology and Criminology and Criminal Justice with a Minor in Speech Communications.
After graduating from NAU she moved to Phoenix, Arizona, to pursue her dream of becoming an attorney and attended Arizona Summit Law School (ASLS). Katelyn's leadership skills were recognized by her peers quickly and during her first year she was elected Vice President of the Student Bar Association, and subsequently, the Public Relations Officer of the ASLS Women's Law Association. Throughout her time at ASLS, she was on the Dean's List for multiple consecutive semesters, awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Mediation and in Legal Skills, and became a Teaching Assistant in Criminal Law and Legal Writing. At graduation, she was awarded by her professors the Donald E. Lively Mission Pillar Award for Exemplifying Student-Outcome Centeredness, Practice Readiness, and Serving the Under-Served. Recently, she was elected to be on the Board as a District 4 Representative of the Young Lawyers Division of the Arizona State Bar.
In her free time, Katelyn loves to exercise, spend time with friends, and watch the Denver Broncos. Go Broncos!!
Areas of Practice
- Family Law 25%
- Civil Litigation 25%
- Criminal Defense 25%
- Collections 25%
- Arizona, 2018
- Utah, 2020
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2019
- Arizona Summit Law School, Phoenix, Arizona
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Vice President of the Student Bar Association Executive Board, Public Relations Officer of the Arizona Summit Women's Law Association, Awarded the Donald E. Lively Mission Pillar Award
- Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- B.S. - 2015
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Dual Major in Criminology and Criminal Justice and Sociology with a Minor in Speech Communication
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award - Mediation
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award - Legal Skills
- Donald D. Lively Mission Pillar Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Lawyers Division of the Arizona State Bar, District 4 Representative, 07/2020
- Gurstel Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 11/2018 to 07/2020