An Assertive Legal Response To Enforcement Of Orders Disputes

A person who willfully refuses to comply with a court order in a family law matter may face charges of contempt. The offender must adhere to the order or face other repercussions, including incarceration and fines. In family law cases, contempt may apply to:

  • Nonpayment of child support
  • Nonpayment of spousal support
  • Lack of cooperation with a court-approved parenting plan
  • Refusal to hand over property
  • Making parenting decisions independently that should be made together
  • Refusal to sign necessary documents

The experienced family law attorneys at Brudvik Law Office represent clients in West Fargo, throughout North Dakota and in western Minnesota in cases involving the enforcement of orders. We will take the necessary steps to help ensure an individual complies with court orders or defend against charges of contempt.

Collection Of Past-Due Support

In order to ensure that past-due support is paid, the court may order garnishment of wages, bank accounts or other assets. Nonpayment of support may also result in the loss of a driver's license and negatively affect an individual's credit report. We can also seek payment of legal fees from the parent who is in contempt.

If you have missed support payments and face charges, the lawyers at Brudvik Law Office can help you develop a workable plan that will minimize the negative consequences and keep you out of jail.

Let Us Help You With Enforcement Issues

Call or use our online contact form to schedule a consultation. We will review the facts of your case and recommend an effective course of action.